Wednesday, May 15, 2013

STILETTOS AND CANNIBAL CORPSE...

What? Heavy metal and fashion? What you talkin bout Willis?? I've said it before and as a matter a fact it's our slogan, Heavy Metal, it's not just a hobby, it's a way of life!

Being a woman who likes to look like a woman and still support the bands I love is what inspired me to start FireWalk Threadz. It's a way for women to support their bands, while still maintaining their femininity, their sexiness. Most of the women I know don't want to wear shapeless t-shirts.

It's crazy over the years the things I've noticed in the scene. I've noticed that some of the men in the scene take women as metalheads more seriously if they dress the same way as they do. I think this is ridiculous. These same men are usually the ones who think females are clueless when it comes to music and should just be seen and not heard. Screw that, I wear dresses and makeup and can still rock out with the best of em! I'm no idiot, I know my metal. Just because I enjoy being feminine, doesn't mean I don't have a brain. Maybe try having an actual conversation with me, I don't bite.. Step out of the 50's men, this is 2013!

This brings me to a story about a close friend of mine who is very sexy and enjoys it, but she has been ridiculed for sporting a pink flowery purse. "What's wrong with you dude, that shit ain't metal" This crowd of people even went so far as to take her purse and start throwing it around.. Really?? Wow. How old are we? Most of these people are in their mid to late 30s  I guess some people never grow up. Apparently in some people's eyes if you listen to metal, everything about you has to be black and bleak. Hey, if you want to walk around as a woman dressing and acting like a dude, that's your prerogative. Who am I to judge, but it doesn't make you better or more metal than me because I choose the opposite.

So ladies, wear your stilettos, your flowers in your hair, your pink ruffles or whatever it is that makes you feel good about yourself and blast your Cannibal Corpse loud and proud! Who gives a flying rat's ass what anyone else thinks. You want to stare at us? Go ahead, but if you don't like it move your eyes elsewhere.
Never change who you are for anyone..

                               

No comments:

Post a Comment